Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Collision of Worlds

I love crossovers. I've been turned into a comic geek by my stepbrother blue_phoenix and I must say, I am forever greatful. Without the introduction to the marvelous comic world, the evolutions of heroes, their personality. Watching them grow with great affection and nostalgia as they go through tragedies, surprises and victory. Yes, that's the great thing about comics; especially Marvel and DC. You can literally see everyone change. Cyclops gained the ability to control his optic beams with the help of Emma Frost, Bobby Drake (Iceman) becoming more and more powerful and was controlled by Emma Frost once and was classified as one of the top ten mutants that could destroy planet Earth. In DC, Flash Patroling the city that is being fueled by Green Lantern... all that Jazz. Yeah, it's friggin awesome. But here's an interesting thing I just found some time while exploring the netherrealms of the internet. A shocking and most curious crossover between worlds. Usually it's between Marvel Comics and DC. In their crossover comic "Marvel vs. DC", the heroes from the two universe battle it out to see whose universe gets destroyed or not... Apparently, the DC Universe got destroyed between a tie breaker between Wolverine and Lobo... Here's a copy and Paste job from Wikipedia.


So there ya have it. Don't worry, the wins and loses were determined by popular vote from fans. So anyway, where was I? Oh yes, that's right. A surprising crossover between two different universes that - I think - never has happened before! Wait for it-- Mortal Kombat vs. DC
Here's a thought provoking trailer for the upcoming game:



Yeah... It's awesome. Though I do kinda worry about my favourite characters from DC. I can't picture Sub Zero (who is also my favourite) ripping off the spine of Batman...
Well, for one thing, Wonder Woman would fit in to the MK universe perfectly well. She's a goddess, there are dozens of demi gods in MK and everyone's as strong as her... I wonder what Fatality she has...

0 comments: